The baby is currently in the transverse position. This does not really matter yet as far as delivery but it is causing my back to hurt a lot. I am going to my chiropractor every other week but as of this week she wants to see me weekly. She is in Hurst so that is quite a commitment. We really want to stay healthy and the adjustments also will hopefully help Squeak to not be breech so that I can have a VBAC.
This pregnancy seems to be going the same as last pregnancy according to my journal. My heartburn is still bothering me. I just started taking a supplement that hopefully will help a lot. I am still sleeping well and only waking up once in the night and sometimes not at all. I have no crazy cravings though from time to time someone will mention a food and I just really want it. Last night it was a tuna sandwich. It had not crossed my mind until Tracy mentioned tuna.
We are working to prepare Katherine for her upcoming role as a big sister. We talk about it all the time. We also got a great book that I highly recommend to anyone else who is or will be preparing their toddler to have a baby. It is called A New Baby and is by Annie Kubler. The book only has illustrations so it really encourages you to dialogue with your toddler about what they see in the book. I like that because you can personalize it for your family. The toddler in the book looks like a boy but from the beginning we have called it the big sister. Now we call the baby in the book "baby sister". In addition to the wordless format, I like that it shows the mother breastfeeding (especially for our family since Katherine has no experience with bottles), it shows the father being very helpful with the baby, and it shows the baby in a baby bjorn carrier which Katherine calls a "Patapum" (the brand of her carrier. You can buy it online for only $4 and there is another book called Preparing for Baby that I plan to get as well. I have not looked at actual bookstores but online it shows that they are not in stock at any local Barnes and Noble or Borders. If any of you experienced moms of two had any other books that you liked or tips on preparing your toddlers, I would love to hear them.
Today I went into Babies R Us to look at bedding (a total waste of time) and decided on a whim to go ahead and register. I had received conflicting advice on whether or not you needed to do this for baby #2. There honestly is not too much we will need. Well, it got me thinking more about double strollers and I registered for 2. Not because we want or need 2 but so that I could look up the reviews easier. Anyway, again for the experienced mom's of 2 I would love to hear what you have to say about double strollers. Do you like the tandem, side by side, sit and stand, etc. I would love some input.
3 comments:
You should also get "Waiting on Baby" by the same author. It is also illustrated and explains the pregnancy. We had both. BigBrother LOVED them.
FireMom from Stop, Drop & Blog.
We have a graco double stroller, and its tandem (one in front, one in back). I do like it and feel like its easy to handle. However, I really wish that we had gotten the sit and stand. It seems a little smaller, and I think it would be so much easier. Andrew could just hop on when he or I want him in the stroller. He hardly rides in the stroller long enough for a double stroller to be worth the use. I would recommend it even though I don't have one. :)
I waited until after the second baby was born to decide on a double stroller so we'd have more of an idea about what we'd need and want. I'm glad we did that b/c I originally thought I wanted a sit & stand but we ended up choosing a side by side. We "test drove" the Joovy sit & stand but it was a disaster b/c big brother didn't want to stay standing in the back when he could so easily get out, plus he was really squished by the infant carrier when he tried to sit. I decided I'd rather have them side by side and we chose the Combi Twin Savvy. We have been really pleased! My only complaint is that it doesn't have enough storage below and I can't hang my purse on the handle the way I could my single Britax stroller. But we love everything else about it. It is lightweight, easier to push than my single stroller, easy to fold up and the boys love being in it b/c they sit together and have fun. Hope that helps!
Chrys
Post a Comment