This is a sticker that they put on the kids at church when they are potty training so that the workers remember. This week Katherine has ventured out of the house and has gone to church, Bible study, and Wednesday night church. All of these things were at the most 2 hours so I was not too nervous because I figured at most she would have one accident.Today was our first day to go to Mothers Day Out in panties so I was a bit nervous. That is 5 hours and includes lunch (and fluids) and a nap. I also knew that the workers really prefer for the kids to be in pull-ups. We are not doing diapers or pull-ups at night or naps or at all. We have training underwear and waterproof covers. I was anxious when I picked up Katherine but as soon as I got there Miss Kristen told me that she acted like she had been potty trained for a long time. She did not have a single accident and went both #1 and #2. I was so proud and so was Katherine she called daddy on the phone and said, "Fafrine peepee on potty, poopoo on potty, no accidents!"
Then we came home and it was a disaster. I have no idea what happened. She had three full blown accidents where she just stood there and watched as pee went down her leg and onto the couch (twice) or the floor of the bathroom (6 inches from her toilet). I was so frustrated but I think I did a good job of remaining positive and loving even though inside I was furious. We are washing our couch cover for the second or third time in less than 2 weeks.
4 comments:
It WILL happen. Hang in there!
BB doesn't have any accidents in public. It's just at home. And it's exactly why we have a slip cover on our couch instead of purchasing a new couch. After LB is trained, we'll think (!) about a new couch~
When Ethan was training, and had accidents on the floor or wherever, he would have to help me clean it up! The poopoo was tricky, I'd pick it up in tp, then make him carry it to the toilet. The peepee, we would both get towels and clean it! Before you know it you won't even remember this stage!
I'm starting to think you should rename your blog - The Adventures of Poop and Squirt.
Post a Comment