Friday, March 28, 2008

Inside Joke

Today we saw a joking side of Katherine that was quite funny. She actually made a comment that was an "inside joke" between the two of us.

Earlier this week we invited Jen and Evie to come over for lunch. Being our second week of staying home more than usually for potty training we wanted some fellowship and entertainment. While I was on the phone with Jen, Katherine said, "hoodan eet Evie". I was shocked and repeated for her "Hooligan eat Evie!" because that is what I thought she said. She said it again and I realized that she was saying "Holding Evie". She is really into holding babies these days and any child smaller than her is considered a baby. I was relieved that she did not want Hooligan to eat Evie but explained that Evie is only a little smaller than her and she would not enjoy being held.

Please don't feed me to the dog Katherine!
I would rather just be fed thank you very much!
Well tonight (4 days later) I was asking Katherine who she played with at MOPS. She said, "Hoodan". I laughed and said, "Hooligan, noooo, not at MOPS" and then realized that she was saying "Holden" a boy in her class. She laughed after I said Hooligan and replied "Hoogan eat Evie" as clear as day and then started laughing hilariously as did I. Sam was a little lost on why all of a sudden his girls were both laughing so hard.
I thought it was so fun that she remembered something that made me laugh several days ago and brought it up again. This is officially Katherine's first joke.

1 comment:

Rich and Jen said...

HA HA!! I love this story! Way to go, Katherine! And good choice on the top pick of Evie...she does look a bit concerned. ;o)