I only wish I were talking about Personal Training but no, it is time for Potty Training. This is the week I have chosen to make the final push for potty training. Katherine has been using her potty for quite sometime now but she has been wearing diapers as well so there is not the need in her mind to be totally potty trained. She has been ready for awhile but we are so busy that I have not set aside the time needed to do it.
This week is spring break for all of our activities so there is no Mother's Day Out, no Bible Study, no MOPS. Therefore, there is NO EXCUSE! We plan to stay home with the exception of my midwife and chiropractor appointment so that we can focus on potty training. Please do not call or email and tempt me to leave the house until at least Thursday. If things are going well at that point, we will think about it. But, do feel free to call or email to say that you want to come play at our house.
Here is my plan. Tonight I took all diapers and pull ups and hid them so that they are not an option for Katherine. I heard that some books suggest that you actually thrown them away, but that seems a bit wasteful to me. Maybe we will throw one away in the morning for the symbolism if that even means anything to a 2 year old. We will be wearing panties and training pants (without plastic covers) all day tomorrow, even for nap. I have my sheet saver ready for nap time so that I do not have to clean a huge mess if she does not wake up dry. I plan to play outside a lot so that messes (if they occur:) will be easier to clean up. I do have some training pants that I bought from a cloth diaper company to use if we need to run errands. They are also required for MDO.
So if any of you experienced potty trained moms (not you the mom being potty trained but your toddler - Ha) have any tips or last minute advice. let me know. Please pray for us.
5 comments:
Good luck!!
And we thought we were being brave for doing 10 minutes of "naked time" every night!
I can't wait to hear how this approach goes. It makes sense to me.
Good luck with the PT!
You can do it!!
We will be thinking of you guys. I hope it goes well.
we're doing the same thing this week! staying home and providing LOTS of rewards. good luck!
Post a Comment