Sunday, March 2, 2008

All of Katherine's Friends

Price, Quade, Bree, Katherine, Anna, Kaila, Elise, Caleb, Jaden, Andrew, William, Andrew and Corrine.


Well, actually this is not all if them, but my goodness, we have 13 kids on the couch. This was at our monthly pot luck that our former Sunday school class still has. These 13 kids were represented by 8 families. Three moms were also pregnant so the group keeps growing larger and larger.

We had a great evening enjoying BBQ sandwiches, chicken, salad and potato salad. It was a bit chaotic with the 13 kids running around and there were a few spats but nothing major. Sam and I have really enjoyed these friends over the past 5 years and are so glad that we still are able to get together once a month though we no longer meet weekly on Sunday morning.

I made the potato salad after hearing that we were having pulled pork sandwiches. I typically do not like potato salad but love the one at Red Hot and Blue. I found a recipe online and I thought it tasted just the same. I thought I would post it here for you all in case you also are a Red Hot and Blue Potato Salad fan. I have no idea how many the original recipe serves. It is obviously the restaurant recipe. I only made 1/3 of the recipe and we served 16 adults and had leftovers. Yummy-leftovers!

Red Hot and Blue Potato Salad
16-17 pounds red potatoes
13 hard boiled eggs cut into pieces
2 1/2 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's)
2 1/2 Tbsp celery seed
2 1/2 Tbsp salt
Steam potatoes 45-60 minutes. Cut into small pieces. Mix remaining ingredients and add to potatoes. Do not refrigerate before serving.

Note-if you make these, make sure you allow for enough time for the potatoes to cool (at least 45 minutes) or they turn to mush when trying to cut them and it burns the fingers. So, it is a very easy recipe but it does take some planning ahead time wise. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I still think its amazing that we got that picture of them! And the potato salad was really great. I'm not normally a potato salad eater, but I like this recipe, too. Thanks for sharing it!