Thank you to all my friends who emailed me some encouragement. It was just one of those rotten days. When I got home, I heard a funny noise in the kitchen. Well, there is a leak where the ceiling meets the chimney. Add that to the list of things to do. When Sam got home he said there was water in the garage. It has rained so much today that the sub floor of our house (pier and beam) has up to 3 inches of water in places. Our house is on a hill and the garage is 8 steps below the level of the house so the water is flowing from under our house and into our garage. Urgh when it rains it pours - literally today. (I just saw on the news that a school in our neighborhood reported 7.66 inches of rain today!)
Katherine was a sweetie today. Other than the fact that she had numerous accidents, she really was in a good mood and a joy to be around. I think she is rebelling the idea of panties, but at least she is not doing so in a tantrum, disrespectful way. I think she just would prefer her diaper and is being a little lazy.
The bright spot of the day was that when I woke up from my nap Sam called to tell me that the electricity in his building was out due to the storm and he was coming home early. This was a great day to hear that news and it was so helpful to have him here at 4:15! I am watching Dancing with the Stars right now and plan to go to bed when it is over at 9:30. My back is killing me and I am ready for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment