Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

My friends and family who are regular readers will find this title a little odd. You obviously already know me. As I have mentioned before though, I read quite a lot of blogs. I guess you could call it an addiction. It is what I do in the evening to unwind. As I look at my reader, I currently subscribe to 53 blogs of friends and acquaintances, 3 blogs of family members, 11 blogs of parents of multiples (just because I find it fascinating), 41 blogs of photographers, and 45 other blogs that I classify as "random mom blogs", ministry blogs and just other stuff that I find interesting. I started blogging in the summer of 2006, originally on another domain but I switched to this one this past summer when our family went to Norway on a 14 week business trip. I mainly blog about our daughter and just life. I read a lot of mom blogs which are much more "professional" than mine. They have large readerships with advertising and giveaways and from time to time I have thought about trying to build that but then I think that I spend way too much time blogging as it is and I have no business trying to do more.
One of the blogs that I subscribe to is 5 Minutes for Mom and this week they are hosting the Ultimate Blog Party. Since I was out of town last weekend I am behind on reading my blogs and therefore late in submitting my post for the Ultimate Blog Party.
So, for those of you who don't know me, I am Christy. I have a wonderful husband, Sam. We have been married for just over 5 years. Our daughter Katherine just turned 2 and we are expecting another baby girl in July. We also have a 4 legged friend, our dog, Hooligan.
I am currently a stay at home mom. Before this wonderful job, I was a teacher for 9 years in various school, mostly private schools. I love staying home with Katherine and would not trade it for anything. Sure, there are difficult days but I cannot imagine missing all of the things she is doing right now. Though I am a stay at home mom, we do anything but stay at home. Twice a week she goes to MDO and I run errands or get stuff done around the house. One day a week we go to Bible study. Every other week we have playgroup and every other week we have MOPS. If there happens to be a day with no regular activity, we usually end up with a playdate with someone. We rarely are home all day with nothing going on.
Our family loves to travel. Katherine is quite the pro having already been to 4 foreign countries and 4 other states for a total of 12 round trip plane trips (the numbers don't add up due to multiple trips to visit family in California).

We are very involved in our church. Currently we are community group leaders and I have been involved in a lot of other areas in the church over the years.

Well, those are the highlights of who I am. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. If you are visiting from the ultimate blog party, make sure you leave a comment. I will make sure to go check out your blog as well.

3 comments:

The Random Muse said...

Pleased to meet you. Happy partying

Blessed said...

Nice to meet you - I like the title of your blog and decided to stop by while I was doing a little blog hopping!

It's funny, My sister the Muse picked your blog to randomly visit too... We didn't plan it - I promise!

:)

Tara said...

Thanks for introducing me to the 5 Minute site. Very fun! I'll be back in TX again with Amelia at the end of May. Will keep you posted, as I'd love to get together again.