I am sure that we will have accidents from time to time for years to come (so I have heard), but I am happy to say that I feel like we are in a really good place. We are 2 weeks with no diapers or pull ups at all (even nap and night) and Sunday we had zero accidents during the day and that included 2 hours in the church nursery. Katherine is very good about being honest as to if her underwear is wet or dry and she is good about going into the bathroom when she needs to go. In fact, Saturday Sam walked in on her after she had completed the entire process by herself and she was dumping the contents of her toddler toilet into the big toilet. I do not usually try to get her to do this but she watches me do it and knew it was the next step.
There are a few funny things that Katherine does. One is that even when her underwear is dry, she wants to change them almost every time she goes. She requests Elmo or Zoe or flower. I try my best to convince her to wear the same ones. I kind of wish we had only white underwear now. The other funny thing has occurred because she is getting better at dressing herself. She will sometimes go into her room and take off her pants, go to her drawer, grab another pair and come out in a very random outfit. Today she had her shorts on backwards. She wants to do it "by myself" but she has chosen some very interesting outfits.
It has been a two weeks of ups and downs since we quit using diapers. I do not claim to be an expert but if any of you who are going to be participating in this adventure have any questions, I am more than willing to share what worked for us, what didn't and what supplies we used. We especially are happy with our "plastic" pants that we use at night, nap and Mother's Day Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment