This is my weekly post or random things. When you are
out of town for three months, you eventually need a haircut if you have short hair. Sam has needed a haircut for a few weeks now and has not gotten around to it. Finally I made an appointment for him at a studio that was open late. He usually goes to a true barber shop so he was a little apprehensive about what kind of stylist and cut he would receive.
Sam's "before" hair - the swoop reminds me of his high school pictures.
Sam's "after" hair- much improved.He came home very happy with the experience and even said he almost bought the "hair wax" that they used but it was so expensive with the exchange rate. It is by Redken so we are going to look for it back home.
A few weeks ago I found out that there is a
Little Gym in a suburb about 30 minutes away by city bus. Since I am always looking for things to do with Katherine, I went to their free trial class. There is a Little Gym close to our home in the US but we have never gone. She LOVED it. We have signed up to go for the remaining time that we are here and may have to check into it when we get home.

Today we went to a 2
nd Birthday party for Colin, one of Katherine's friends. Colin's dad works with Sam and his mom Karen and I really enjoy hanging out. Colin just had a baby sister 3 weeks ago too but I did not get any pictures of her.

For the party all the kid from his
Barnehage (kindergarten) came to his house to play and eat lunch. It was chaotic, but fun and Katherine enjoyed playing with different toys.

Yesterday my friend Sarah (moved her from NY) and I took our kids to the
International Children's Art Museum. It was a fun museum for the adults and not as much for the kids, despite the name. The building was full of artwork from children throughout the world. Some were really great. We would try to keep the kids interested by pointing out different pieces of art and asking them to describe them. There were a lot of things that were within reach that they could not touch so that made it frustrating.
They did have an art room with magnadoodles and Katherine and Aiden enjoyed that a lot.

Aiden and Sarah
In the garden outside the museum
3 comments:
The Little Gym is awesome. Ava enjoyed that alot. You should check into it! We replaced the Little Gym with ballet and tap dance.
you should also check out ASI gymnastics when you get back. You can do a free trial class. If you sign up and mention me as your referral source you and i both get a discount!
So it's a museum of art by children not a museum of art for children. Very crucial distinction, huh?!
I think we may have an ASI or something like that close to us.
Sam's cut looks good--very hip! :o)
Post a Comment