Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hiking at Sognsvann

Norwegians love the outdoors so today we decided to be Norwegian. I have been twice to Sognsvann lake without Sam so we decided that would be a good place to go. One thing I love about Oslo is that it is surrounded by beautiful nature. From our apartment we hopped on the t-bane and in 15 minutes were in the woods at a beautiful lake.

The entire city has such surroundings. There are signs all over the place guiding you to trails. The blue trails are for hiking and the red ones are for cross country skiing.
As you can see, it is quite a bit colder in Oslo than back home. Yes, Katherine is wearing her heavy coat and a new pair of gloves and hat. It was actually not that bad but after her hands turned blue last night we decided we needed better gloves. I wore my new Norwegian wool sweater and did not need a jacket. I guess I found out today that they are worth their price because they are very well made and very warm.
The lake was very calm and there was a beautiful reflection of the trees changing color. I love fall. Here there was a mix of evergreen trees and those that change so it was very pretty.


Katherine is in love with the ducks and it was a challenge to keep her from trying to go in the water after them.


Overall I think we walked about 6km. Katherine took a long nap in the stroller. We are tired and heading to bed earlier than usual.

1 comment: