Sunday, October 7, 2007

Almost Perfect

Friday was an almost perfect day for me and Katherine. It actually started last night when our family had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. Katherine ate a lot of her macaroni and cheese and was very well behaved. She fell asleep without a fight and slept from a little after 9 until 6 without waking up at all. She still wakes up in the middle of the night most nights and it seems to be worse here. We go to her immediately because we have caught her trying to climb out of her crib. I think she knows how quick we will be right there.

It was a pretty day and we had no plans so I decided to go to Frogner Park to play on the playground. I called Hilde and she and Nikolas joined us at the park. After the park I made a huge grocery store run for the weekend. Katherine was in the backpack. She fell asleep on the way home. I have become good at getting her from my back to the bed without waking her up. There she took a two and a half hour nap. Amazing!

When she woke up, we had art time. I bought new markers after the non-washable marker incident but I still decided that coloring time was do be done in a diaper. For some reason Katherine loves to draw on herself more than the paper. She had a balloon from the Hard Rock and you can see in the video that she had a fun time with it.



Dinner was great. Katherine ate more than I have ever seen her eat, macaroni, green beans, fish, rice and applesauce. Then she went to bed at a reasonable hour without a fuss. She even used her potty three times today - both #1 and #2. The only thing that made the day not perfect is that she has learned that after you go, you dump the contents into the big toilet. That girl is fast and she hopped up and dumped the contents on the floor. it is still progress.

No comments: