Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A day in Norwegian News

Today there were two articles in the English version of the local newspaper that were interesting.

First, I found out that as of today it is recommended that we boil all water used for drinking, cooking and brushing teeth. Apparently there has been a parasite found in the water supply that causes stomach illness. Oh joy! Add that to my list of things to do.

Enjoying my new hobby of boiling water.



Second was an article about a debate over "play" in the local barnehages (Kindergartens). (I did not put the type of play because I don't want Internet searches to link to my blog). Take a look at the article. I guess I am glad now that we did not find a place for Katherine in a barnehage if this is the attitude towards this kind of thing. I would say let me know your thoughts but I have a feeling I know my readers pretty well and know your thoughts on this one. Feel free to comment though.

2 comments:

The Fanks said...

WOW- (about the water AND the kindergarten. But mostly about the kindergarten.)

Rich and Jen said...

Oh, for goodness sake!! :oP Yuck.