Today in an effort to cross some things off the list, Katherine and I went to the Munch Museum. The Munch Museum is solely paintings by Edward Munch, most famous for "The Scream". He is the hometown hero as he is one of the only Norwegian artists of note. The museum was small and free for the winter which was good because Katherine lasted just long enough for me to run through and look at the paintings. He is not really my style but good to check off the list. Here are a few paintings that were my favorites. Sorry they are not that great, I could not use a flash and did not have a tripod.
The Scream!
Across the street from the museum was the Botanical Gardens so we went back there for a picnic. Katherine was not really in the mood so we did not stay long. I tried again to get some cute pictures in the leaves. I want her to play in the leaves. This first photo was using the timer so I could throw leaves.
Back to the idea of being back in our own bed in four weeks, I am excited as our bed here is not too great. Plus, we are actually in two beds that are pushed up beside one another so it is not too cozy. Speaking of beds, I told Sam that for our 5th anniversary in December I would like a new bed. He bought ours when he moved into his house before we got married and it is fine but the mattress is getting a little lumpy. So, to all my blogging friends out there I ask "what kind of bed do you have and what do you like about it?" It is quite overwhelming when you see all the pillowtop, memory foam, sleep number options. How do you choose a bed when you can't really try it out and take it back? Hmmm. Let me know.
Our lovely sleeping arangement in Oslo.
7 comments:
I like the first picture the best! So cute.
We love our Tempurpedic mattress. It was very expensive (it was our wedding gift to ourselves) but totally worth it in my opinion. If you order it factory direct you can get a three month in-home tryout.
I know a couple who just bought a lower-end Tempurpedic mattress at The Dump. They are very pleased with it.
I always enjoy your blog!
Chrys
"The Munch Museum?" Sounds yummy!
As you know, we are in need of a new mattress as well because of the fire. I went and looked at "The Dump" and the prices were the best I could find...but then there was a place in Rockwall that has new mattresses that are SOOOOO inexpensive. My sister-in-law had a flyer on her door and we called and they are new but overstock and they have King's starting at $250...I don't remember the name of the place, but can find out if you want. If we can ever get moved back home, I am going to go there to buy ours.
We bought a new king mattress this week. We researched some and decided to go with a sort of medium-of-the-road firm mattress with a memory foam topper on it. We bought the king ($325) from Joel, who sells them direct out of his warehouse. His number is 214-893-4465. Bert's family bought theirs there 2 years ago and have been happy. We also bought two twin mattresses from him. Then I looked up memory foam toppers and found that Bed Bath and Beyond is getting an Isotonic one in next week for $200. But, we went by and they had one of their normally $400 Therapedic toppers on clearance for $112...plus BBB's 20% made it a great deal! Last night was our first night. It is amazingly comfortable, and it even supports my pregnant belly without extra pillows :).
Have a ton of fun these last 4 weeks. We look forward to having you guys back to hear more stories, see pictures and hang out with you guys.
On the bed. It came with the marriage. Gary already had a sleep number bed. I like it ok. It works great for him because he has back problems occassionaly.
I love that first picture of Katherine, and good job getting some pics of her in the leaves. Pumpkin patch pics here have been hard due to abnormally warm weather - or atleast unwanted warm weather. 91 degrees on Saturday when we went - out of control!
Okay, I do not recommend a pillow top mattress - we bought one about 4 years ago. We already have body grooves b/c you can't flip the mattress over due to the pillowtop! We've heard good things about the sleep number. But what I covet the most is the memory foam Nasa bed - I guess that's the Tempurpedic (that does not looking like correct spelling...). My aunt and uncle and Clark's dad both have one and it is like a dream to sleep on. Another option, which I think someone else mentioned, is to buy the memory foam mattress topper. My mom did that and it is pretty nice as well. Maybe we should do that... I'd have to cut the pillowtop stuff off b/c we already have trouble getting sheets to fit! Good luck! Can't wait to have y'all home!
Post a Comment