One year ago today we were on the plane headed to Oslo Norway for our 14 week adventure living abroad. That day of travel was long and tough! It is hard to believe it was a whole year ago. In some ways it seems like we just left but then so much has happened since we returned - new job, new baby!
At the airport with all of our luggageIt was a really great experience for us and I am so glad we went. We recommend taking such an opportunity if it ever presents itself to any of our friends. You really learn a lot about a country and a culture by living there instead of just visiting there. For us we also felt that we grew closer as a family because we were together so much and did not have the same distractions competing for time that we do at home.
I made some great friends while in Oslo. I told Sam today that when I think of that time I often get sad because I realize that we may never go back there and I may never see the friends that I made there. I hope that is not the case but you never know. I almost have a funny sense of homesickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment