Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1 month

Caroline, today you are one month old. It has been quite a month. It seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital giving birth yet it also seems like we have been a family of four for quite some time.

You have already changed so much. Of course you are growing. I am not sure how much you weigh now but you are filling out your clothes and you no longer can wear your big sister's preemie clothes.

You are sleeping really well and have your days and nights organized correctly. You usually wake up once a night to nurse. Mommy is very excited about this pattern because I am able to sleep too. You sleep pretty well during the day but the nap times are scattered and different every day. Somehow you are able to sleep though a lot of noise which is great since you are often asked to nap when your sister and her friends are being loud.

You are a really good eater. You nurse quickly and efficiently. I have no idea how many times a day you eat since I have never been one for strict schedules. I am excited that it also seems that you will take a bottle. That will be nice to have a bit more freedom.

You are developing physically. You are getting stronger in your head and neck control. Just yesterday you started reaching out and grabbing things a little. Your eye contact is getting better and you turn your head to look towards sounds.
Your big sister absolutely loves you. Every morning she wants to come see you first thing. usually that results in her waking you up. She loves to hold you and sing to you though I am not sure you are a fan of it. I can't wait until you all start interacting even more.

You are luckily pretty flexible and able to be on the go a lot. This month you have been to church three times, community group twice, the mall twice, various restaurants and friends house, museums, and much more. You usually go in and out of your car seat and sling easily.

Caroline, we are so glad you joined our family. We have had a great first month.

No comments: