Today Katherine threw a fit in the car on the way home from playing at the mall with friends. It was because I would not take her on a sailboat on the ocean right now. Hmmmm there was no way I could give her that. I am not sure how she got fixated on the idea of sailing except that her outfit had sailboats on it.
I decided that since we could not go sailing on the ocean we would make our own sailboat and our own ocean so when she woke up from her nap I had it all ready. I had put a blue blanket on the den floor to be the ocean. I had cut a brown paper bag into "sails" and put them on a "mast". She decorated the sails with finger paint and then we attached it to her boat, a box. She thought it was great fun. Luckily, Caroline slept through it all so Katherine and I were able to have a fun afternoon playing pretend. She thought it was great.
4 comments:
what a creative momma you are! that's a fantastic sailboat!!!
chrys
That was GREAT for Katherine to foster her imagination and to spend quality play time for her. What a GREAT and creative mommie she has to take the time to do that for her!!!!
Great job on the sailboat Katherine! Pamela
Great job, Christy. Way to turn something around from a fit to a great memory. And I love using materials we already have. Excellent reuse and recycling!
Post a Comment