Thursday, August 28, 2008

Claustrophobia

I am sure most moms, especially nursing moms, can identify with me. I often feel down right claustrophobic during the day. I sometimes just want to scream, "give me my space!" It seems like there are days that I am holding Caroline at least 12 hours between nursing and comforting.
Then there are the times that I am cuddling with Katherine either reading or getting her down for bed. what really gets me though is when they are both right on top of me. It is amazing how often it happens. I am sure that a lot of it is Katherine being jealous or wanting to join in on the fun when mommy is holding or nursing Caroline. There are times that I feel like one of them is going to be dropped if I am not careful.
In the pictures above I had just finished nursing Caroline and Katherine decided she needed to be between me and the couch. It was not comfortable but I could not reach around to move her without making Caroline mad. Then she decided to start playing with my hair. That got annoying. I literally felt claustrophobic.
Katherine also loves to climb into my lap when I am holding Caroline at the table. That chair does not fit all three of us well so Katherine usually sits on the arm of the chair.

3 comments:

MrsJennaHatfield said...

Oh. I hear you. Totally.

It's worse when my cycle is just about to start (I got mine back when Parker was six months). I don't want ANYONE to touch me!!

Laura said...

OMG! I so know. Since I have been potty training Graham, I sit on a stool in front of the potty, and Ethan will come up and hang all over me. ERG! I just want to tell him "GET OFF!" Being up close and personal with the throne is enough. Sweet boy just wants to love me!!!

Jaime and Will said...

Katherine is getting so big and cute! -w