Tuesday, August 26, 2008

7 hour sleep!

Caroline sleeps in some really long stretches. Saturday night she fell asleep at 11:45 and did not wake up until 6:45. That meant that we all got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep - paradise for parents of a newborn. Sunday she took a 5.5 hour nap from 12:30-6. That makes me wonder if she is living on a shorter day than we are. I was scared that the long nap would mean no sleep at night but she did fine. It was harder to get her down but once she was asleep she stayed that way for 5-6 hours.
This is so different from Katherine. Because she was small we had to wake her up every three hours for about a month. Then she got in that habit and it was awhile before I had 5 hour stretches. Katherine continued to wake up once a night several time a week until I weaned her at 22 months so this is a breeze.Caroline may sleep well and not eat at night but most of my day seems to be spend nursing. We have zero schedule or routine at this point and I pretty much nurse on demand. Sometimes that means every 30 minutes and sometimes that means every 4 hours. That is OK, I will take it if it means I get to sleep at night!

1 comment:

Chrys and Mike said...

yay, caroline! eat all day and sleep all night! good girl.

chrys