First of all, it is summer and it is hot. We have all read about the tragic deaths of children who are left, usually by accident in a car. Two years ago, while Sam and I were watching the American Inventor on TV, we had an idea for a product that would help prevent this kind of accident from happening. We did not tell anyone about it but we did not make it either. Well, someone else did. In fact, the Child Minder is pretty much exactly what we had in mind. There is a sensor that you put under the pad of your child seat and then it has a partner on your key chain. If there is a baby in the carseat and the key chain travels more than 15 feet from the carseat than a reminder alarm sounds. Dang it, we got beat to the punch on this invention. What do you think about it? On one message board it was criticized a lot. On another blog I read an interesting take on the fact that parents can forget their children in a car, especially when a routine has changed like a different parent taking the child to day care. Didn't Mary and Joseph lose Jesus for 3 days? If the parents of GOD could have a miscommunication or forgetful episode, how much more could I?
Second piece of randomness. A few posts ago I had photos of Caroline, some on a colorful blanket that I crocheted. Many of you commented on how impressed you were at my skills. Well, here is a photo of the blanket. Are you still impressed? Notice how the sides are not straight and it is not finished, thus the ball of yarn hanging off one end. I was just very strategic in how I wrapped it around Caroline to get the photo.
Third, do you remember my new beautiful bathroom? Well, after reading how Holly has started to shower with Bree to save time and make things easier, I started having Katherine shower with me. While I am washing my hair, etc., she is playing with her letters and crayons until it is her turn to soap up. Doesn't my bathroom look lovely now?
2 comments:
Wasn't Jesus twelve when he stayed to pray? I can see why this was criticized on one board. I cannot even imagine how a parent would need anything to remind them they have their babies in the car with them. Forgetfulness, yes! Neglect, NO! Our hospital has sensors that you can get for free, although most of these cases are from neglectful supervision and abuse, not "forgetfulness". These tragedies are almost always CPS cases or cases in which parents and caregivers need to be educated. For more information, see http://www.usa.safekids.org/skbu/cars/nlyca.html
I still like your blanket. I find that a border around the edge and "blocking" it do wonders. Even though I have crocheted a lot, I never got good at big blankets. I usually did granny squares and then sewed them together to make an afghan.
Post a Comment