Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Much Improved Day!

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments on yesterday's post.

Today was much better. Katherine went to Mother's Day Out. Nana and I hung out. Today we decided to run errands. I made a list of all the places I needed to go, mainly to return or exchange things and then we set out. We went to the post office, Target, Sam's, Pottery Barn, Wild About Harry's (for lunch), A friends house to drop something off, Hobby Lobby, Target and then to my dad's office. Caroline slept through the entire thing. At two of the stops Nana stayed in the car with Caroline and she came in to the rest. Not only did I feel very productive but I was proud that I did all of that with a baby. I have not run that many errands with Katherine in a long time. It was fun to go to Pop's office to introduce Caroline to all of my co-workers (I work up there a little too). After the office I introduced Nana to Bubble Tea at Fat Straws.

When we got home, Nana and Katherine had a snack, played with animals and then Nana got Katherine down for a nap. That changes the entire tone of the day. She woke up in a great mood. We ate dinner, went for a walk as a family and had smoothies while watching Diego before bed.

I know that there will be good days and there will be bad days. I am thankful that today was good!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you had a good day. The bad days can be so very hard; but, that makes the good days even that much more wonderful.

Rich and Jen said...

What a productive day! That's great! How did Nana like Bubble Tea?