Friday, January 30, 2009

Dr Visit

Today we had Caroline's 6 month well visit, two weeks late. The Dr.'s office called this morning because my Dr. was sick so we ended up seeing one of the nurse practitioners instead. We started with the measuring. Caroline's head is 42 cm (30%)and she is 25.3 inches long (20%). Apparently she measured 25 inches last time so the nurse practitioner thought they must have measured incorrectly last time because she is growing in weight which is usually what stops if a baby is failing to grow.
Speaking of her weight, she weighed 14 pounds, 9.5 ounces (20%). She is still a little peanut.
Caroline has been coughing a lot and has had a lot of congestion for the past month. I have called several times and they always tell me it is no big deal. Nana currently has walking pneumonia so I was concerned about Caroline. Robyn (the NP) examined Caroline and listened to her chest for a long time. She does not have pneumonia. But, she does have a minor ear infection. I was shocked because even though Caroline has been congested, she has not seemed in pain at all. Does this look like a baby with an ear infection? Katherine has never had one so this is new territory for me.
As you can see, she loved the paper on the examining table. It is quite fun to play with and to eat. What I love in these photos is that if you look closely you can see that her hair is long enough to be messed up. It is sticking straight up in the back.


4 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

She's so STINKING CUTE! Ahhhhh!

Deatherage Cafe said...

I think we go to the same doctor!

Rich and Jen said...

she is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Well, Caroline and Libby are on the same growth track. Libby was 25.5 inches and 13.8 lbs at 6 months. My ped. was worried because she dropped in weight percentiles so we just had a return visit last week at 7 months and some change and she was 26 inches and 14.5 lbs. My ped is a little concerned. However, from my view, Libby still nurses 6 or 7 times a day and eats 3 solid meals and the girl LOVES to eat so I'm not worried. I'm glad there's someone else in my shoes!