Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sisters

This month it has been so exciting to see the relationship between Katherine and Caroline grow. I think the main factor has been Caroline learning to sit and therefore being able to interact more with Katherine. Katherine is the sweetest big sister. I have only seen her one time do something unkind to Caroline. Sure she has made Caroline sad at other times but they have honestly been pretty innocent. Like today she was trying to put Caroline's headband on and Caroline did not like that.
She always wants Caroline to be in her lap. Caroline is really getting too big and too squirmy to sit in Katherine's lap anymore so I place her next to Katherine. We all love to snuggle.
She likes to try to get Caroline to play with her. Here she is setting up a tea party for them to enjoy together. Notice that Katherine is taking a break to feed her baby. In the second picture she is telling her baby to say "cheese".
Katherine is very helpful. Now that Caroline is sitting Katherine can entertain her. This is especially nice while I am trying to get ready or fix dinner. They will actually be playing together.
Katherine loves to compliment Caroline. She will say, "mommy, baby Caroline is sooo cute". I agree.
Katherine also enjoys reading her books to Caroline. She gets frustrated though when Caroline tries to grab the book and especially when she tries to put it in her mouth. I can see many years of Katherine reading to Caroline.
The feelings of love and enjoyment are mutual. Caroline adores Katherine. She smiles at her when she comes by. She watches everything she does. She laughs at her more than at anything else.
I had hoped that my children would get along and enjoy one another. I have so far been so pleased at how well they have gotten along and I have been surprised at how early they have been able to play together and enjoy one another. I know that as sisters they will not always get along so perfectly, especially when they are teenagers but it is so fun to think about how this friendship will grow through the years.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This is all so very sweet. My favorite one (and I am still laughing) is Katherine feeding her baby. I love it.