Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sitting pretty

As of today I can say that Caroline can sit up. She has spent time in her bumbo seat, the exersaucer and on my lap gradually building up her strength. If you balanced her just right she would sit for up to 5 seconds without falling over. Tonight though she sat on the kitchen floor for over 2 minutes and was reaching for toys. Bummer that I had just taken off her cute shirt to get ready for bath time when we did this exercise. I promise she does not usually go around only wearing her jeans. Katherine was playing with her new tea set and Caroline wanted to join in the party. We have already had so much fun playing "tea party". I think both of my girls look so big in this photo. Caroline is sitting on her own and Katherine has her hair in a ponytail bun "just like mommy".
Caroline wonders what all the attention is for.
She would have sat longer but Hooligan decided to come and sniff her. That cold nose to the bare belly startled her into falling over (I caught her).
I have been excited for this phase because I think that Katherine will have even more fun playing and interacting with Caroline. Next phase is mobility. Hopefully I will have a month or two where she is sitting but remaining where I put her.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I love the "ponytail bun like mommy" - Nora has been asking me to do her hair like that, too! I guess, in her eyes, I'm making a fashion statement when I'm really just sick of my hair getting in my face :-)

Jaime and Will said...

Way to go Caroline!!