
Half a year old - where has the time gone? Caroline, this month you have become even more fun. I remember with Katherine thinking that 6 months was where it got really fun. The same is true with you. It is not that you were not fun before because you sure were. Now though you are so much more aware of what is going on and you are doing so many more things that it is just
more fun than before.

You are quite the curious and active little girl. As you can see in your monthly chair pictures, you had no interest in sitting still and looking at the camera. Not when that cool piece of paper was there for you to play with. You wrinkled it up and chewed on it every time.


Your little hands are always busy. You grab at anything withing reach - toys, food, mommy's hair. You will take whatever you are holding and study it intently, including investigating with your mouth. Katherine does not like when you try to "eat" things. If you can't get your hands on something, then you investigate your hands.


You love to babble. There are always cute noises coming from you. Katherine likes to point out that you are learning to talk. We plan to teach you sign language as well. Now that you are eating we are starting with "eat", "milk", "more", "please", and "all done".

Speaking of eating, we started you on solids a day or two before you turned 6 months. So far you have only tried sweet potatoes. I think you mainly like the texture because when you see the spoon coming you stick out the tongue and start making funny noises. You are just investigating. I think you like the taste as well. You don't cry or protest, but you don't eat much either. I thought none of it was going down until I changed your first "post solid" diaper.

You love to smile. Almost anyone can get a winning smile out of you. Sometimes though you bury your head in my shoulder when someone tries to get you to smile as you pretend to be shy.

You have hit a lot of milestones this month. The main one is that you have learned to sit up. You cannot get into the sitting position on your own but if I sit you up, you will stay that way for a very long time. You are enjoying time on your tummy a little more but you still roll over to your back pretty quickly. Therefore you are showing no interest in becoming mobile. I know it will come and I am not in a hurry.

Katherine likes to help you sit up. Once she pushed you over (she did not like the discipline result of that). When you fall over (see photo below) she will catch you and even try to sit you back up. That does not make you too happy.

Speaking of Katherine, I think she is your favorite person. She can make you smile and giggle like no one else. Now that you are sitting she enjoys playing with you a lot more. Mommy's favorite is when she comes up to you and says, "Baby Sister, I love you so, so, so, very, very, much." When you smile back at her she says, "Mommy, Baby Sister loves me too." I know you do.

You are still a pretty good sleeper at night. You have had a cold and cough for the past 2 weeks so you sometimes wake up coughing. It is pretty miserable sounding. You either sleep through the night or wake up once. You sleep about 11-12 hours at night. Naps are not as good. You do take naps but they are sometimes short and sometimes long. I am not very good at making you cry it out or sleep in your crib at
nap time. Ashamedly I admit that you take a lot of naps in your
car seat and in my lap.

Caroline, you continue to be such a joy. I am so happy that I am able to be your mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment