Monday, January 26, 2009

35 months

I am a little late posting your 35 month post. I think I am in denial that another month has passed and next month you will be 3!You are so excited about your upcoming birthday. We talk about it a lot and you have no concept of time so you think it is this week. You tell me who you want to be at your party (Nana and Pops, all our cousins, Caroline), what you want to do (play games, do a craft) and what the cake should look like (pink, with sprinkles and princesses). I think we will have 2 parties again this year, one for family and one for friends.

When you talk about your birthday you say, "Now I am 2. Soon I be 3. Then I be 4. Then I be 5. Then I be 20!" I am not ready for that! You are still my baby girl.
You are a sweetheart. My favorite thing that you say often is, "I love you so, so, so, so, very, very much." You tell all of your family often how much you love us. It makes my heart so happy. You love to snuggle too. My favorite times of the day are when you crawl into our bed in the morning and when we read books and snuggle before nap and bedtime.

You really love your baby sister. You will say, "mom, your baby crying. Maybe she has a poopy diaper. Maybe she wants milk. Maybe she wants some mommy time." You are so concerned when she is crying. You are really good at comforting her and helping her to get happy.All of a sudden you are quite a girly girl. You want to wear a pink dress every day which is difficult because it is cold outside and you only have a few pink dresses. You also want to wear your pink dress shoes all the time. When we are at home you love to dress up. You have a basket of dress up clothes and you have certain ideas of what your outfit should be. usually you put on your pink princess dress, your tutu, your pink crocs, a hair bow and then you hold your sparkle wand and dancing ribbons.Your new favorite books are the Fancy Nancy series and Gigi God's Princess series. Of course both of these are very girly. We even have a few Gigi videos from the church library.

You love to dance. You twirl when you have your dress up clothes on. We are planning to start ballet classes soon. You were so upset the other day when I went to aerobics and you did not get to do the dancing exercise class with me. In this video she is saying, "I Cinderella". At the end she does a little bow when I clap and say "Good job".


You love to play pretend and have a very vivid imagination. If you want to know what to get her for B-day, anything that fosters the imaginative play. The other night she was playing with Sam. She pretended to nurse her baby doll. Then she said it was time to give her a bottle. So, she pretended to pump and then give the baby a bottle. She knows where baby's milk comes from in this house doesn't she?
You also love to sing all the time. You make up songs for everything. The other day you sang a fun song you learned at school. The song you are singing in this video is about the color red.


You love to play pretend and have a very vivid imagination. If you want to know what to get her for B-day, anything that fosters the imaginative play. The other night she was playing with Sam. She pretended to nurse her baby doll. Then she said it was time to give her a bottle. So, she pretended to pump and then give the baby a bottle. She knows where baby's milk comes from in this house doesn't she?
You also love to talk all the time. Your vocabulary is really large (I think). I am amazed that you are able to so clearly communicate. Your language has exploded to go beyond facts and now you also express very abstract ideas. I love it when you sound like a little adult. You will sit beside me and very seriously ask, "mommy, how was your day today?" Some words sound like you are living in West Texas. You can make a 1 syllable word into a 2 syllable word. I am not sure where this is modeled because none of us do this. An example would be when you said, "mommy, we are going up a big hee-uhl (hill)".
You are a typical almost 3 year old in that you are potty trained with an occasional accident, you don't ever think you are tired enough for a nap but you end up with a 2 hour nap almost every day and you eat lots of foods but can be very picky on any given occasion. Some of your favorite foods are pb&J, hot dogs, yogurt, applesauce, broccoli, and anything with Chick-fil-A sauce on it.

You love to try to read though you realize that you really don't know how. I try to get you to just say the words you know and tell a story with the pictures. Sometimes you will do this and other times you get frustrated because you know that you don't know the words. I have not started trying to teach you letter sounds yet as I don't think it is really necessary. You know all the letters of the alphabet and can even name something that starts with most of the letters.

You are really into trying to cut things now. As you can see you are properly using a knife. Your toddler knife is pretty blunt. I am not sure that it could even cut butter but you like to practice with it.

Katherine, you continue to be such a joy. I love you more and more each month. It is so fun to see you growing into a little girl. You are in such a fun stage as you are curious about everything. You ask so many questions and learn so quickly. I love sitting with you to talk and snuggle. It is so hard to believe how grown up you are and that you will soon be 3.

No comments: