Friday, January 9, 2009
A late Christmas
We celebrated Christmas with Sam's family a little late this year by hosting everyone at our house (except for Justin and Leah who live in Hawaii).
When all the cousins are together we always try to get a cousins photo. You can see that it is not easy. Apparently Katherine was not cooperative and had to be held in the picture. I can't believe Emily is big enough to hold Caroline. Of 6 kids only 2 are looking at the camera and 2 are kind of smiling. Hannah gets the award for the most cooperative.
Inside we tried again to get a good picture. Katherine still did not want to cooperate so Sam was added to the picture.
Opening presents was mass chaos. Everyone was ripping open paper and digging into their presents and no one was really paying attention to what anyone else was doing. I know that I missed people opening presents that I gave them and they missed me opening ones that they gave me. Hopefully as the kids are older and learn a little more patience we can stretch it out a little because I like to see what everyone gets.
Caroline got some a great wooden teether/rattle, a grasping toy and a paci clip from Grammy and Grandad.
Katherine received a tea set from Grammy and Grandad that is made out of recycled milk cartons. She has played with it every day.
Katherine also received a cute Fisher Price Little People scooter and side car from Carissa, Ryan and Ty.

It was a beautiful 80 degree day so the kids spent a lot of the afternoon outside. They enjoyed the sandbox and the new playhouse as well as the yard. Apparently the favorite activity was taking the sand out of the sandbox and putting it on the steps, patio and filling the playhouse about 3 inches deep. I was not too happy about that mess which still has not been cleaned up.
It was so warm outside that the 4 younger kids decided to take off not only shoes and socks but shirts too. They were all a mess by the time it was over but they had fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look so gorgeous in the tea set pic!
Post a Comment