Yesterday I read on the Baby Cheapskate blog that many Babies R Us stores are taking back older bottles that contain BPA in them. The Freebies 4 Mom blog did a post about BPA free bottles and even has a link to a long list of bottles and sippy cups that are BPA free.
The comments on these blogs are varied as far as the success of returning the old bottles. Some locations give a gift card with full store credit, some will only trade for newer bottles without BPA and some do nothing. It is up to the manager of that store. I have a collection of barely used bottles that all contain BPA. I thought I would check out this opportunity since I am 7 weeks away from having a potential bottle user. I went to the Town East location with 6 Avent bottles and 6 Gerber bottles. At first they said I could trade them for other bottles which was fine with me. Then for some reason the checker decided it would be easier to just give me a store credit which I then could use for anything. It was for $35! This was for used bottles that were over 2 years old, with no receipt! I did buy one new pack of bottles, but I mainly used the credit to buy more safe sippy cups for Katherine since that is really what I need right now.
So, I encourage any of you out there who are concerned about BPA or those who have unused bottles sitting around to run to your nearest BRU to check it out. You might call first if it is a trip out of the way since it is up to each store manager whether or not they will take these back.

3 comments:
Christy, YOU ROCK! Thank you for this info. I've been trying to figure out what to do with all my Avent bottles for a few months! I'll let you know how my return goes!
Great link! Thanks for the post and I'll definitely be posting something similar on my site. :)
Hope to see you while we're here in TX!
Thanks so much, Christy! I returned 4 Avent bottles today (3 large 1 small bottle) to the Babies R Us on Beltline in Addison. They gave me $19.46 in store credit! They were 2 1/2 years old and I certainly did not have the receipt! I didn't even have the caps for 3 of them, but it didn't matter. Thanks!
Post a Comment