Saturday, May 10, 2008

De-lurk all of you, de-lurk

Katherine says, "Please Comment"

I just finished looking at my blog stats and wonder who all of you out there are reading my blog. I had 437 unique visitors to my blog this month. Yikes, I know a lot of people but I think that even I do not know that many people. I would have guessed that I had maybe 50 regular readers and 50 casual readers.

So, I would like to make a request. Whether you are a regular reader, someone who stops by occasionally, or a lurker, would you please leave me a comment on this post so I know you are a reader. I find it so funny when I run into someone and they tell me that they have been reading my blog for the last year and I had no idea. Usually they tell me that they never comment because they don't want me to think they are weird for reading my blog when they don't know me well. Let me assure you, I do not think you are weird. I read many a blog of people that I do not know well and many that I do not know at all! If I don't know me, let me know how you found my blog (if you remember).
When you leave your comment I have a survey question for you. I am in the process of writing a long blog post for later this week and in doing my research, I am curious how you get to my blog when you read my posts. Here are the main options that I can think of but feel free to select another.

  • I receive an email with the entire post in it and I do not click on your actual website.
  • I receive an email and then I go to your website to read the post.
  • I have a reader or feed service through which I read my blogs. If so, tell me which one you use.
  • I have a link to your blog on my own blog.
  • I click a link to your blog on someone else's blog.
  • I have you saved in my favorites.
  • I type your web address every time.

Also, I have changed my blog comment settings so that you do not have to have a google account to make a comment. I know that has deterred some people in the past. I still do not allow anonymous comments though. Thanks for your comments!

23 comments:

Casey said...

Hi! I will de-lurk! I'm Casey and I found your blog through Chrys and Mike's blog...which I found from Rebecca, Reeves, and Tallon's blog. Rebecca and I were nursing majors together in college. Oh, and I use Google Reader (LOVE IT) and rarely go to your actual blog I just read it through the reader. Happy Mother's Day!

Ashley said...

Hi. I read your blog about once a week. I click to it from the link on my blog. Happy Mother's Day!

Beth said...

I read through my blog list about once a week. Sometimes I may hit yours more because you blog SO MUCH!!

I have you on my favorite link list on my blog and you are also saved in my favorites.

Melissa said...

I use google reader and have really enjoyed reading your blog! You and your family are a joy to know!

Stacemoe said...

You know I read your blog and you know we went to school together since 2nd grade!!! I use Google Reader to keep up with the blogs...thanks for getting me hooked!!!!

Bert, Amanda, Trey, and Boyd said...

Happy Mother's Day! I get my blog updates from Google Reader.

Pamela said...

I have you on my favorites, I am too lazy to subscribe to google reader, even though Heather gave me a tutorial. I have been reading since before you went to Norway, and I'm pretty sure you sent me the link... ;)

AuntJenJen said...

Okay, I'll de-lurk too. This is Jennifer Whitson (previously Jennifer Holmes). We know each other from our old youth group days. I click on your blog when I am visiting Kim's blog (Kim in the City). I love reading blogs and your's is great. Katherine is adoreable!

Holly Ramsey said...

You know I read. I have Google reader set up.

Erin said...

Google reader for me, too!

The Fanks said...

You're in my bookmarks bar. I hope you get 420 comments for this post.

Amy said...

I read blogs every day through google reader. I usually don't comment though, but then I have to click on the actual page and wait to type my comment. :)
Amy

Tara said...

I read your blog through your link on my page. Glad that we've met in real-life, and hope that you're feeling great with the pregnancy! :)

Joanie said...

I started getting email updates when you guys went to Norway, and now I still get them. I don't read every entry, but usually a couple a week. I usually don't click on your actual blog, though!

Rich and Jen said...

Google Reader (and I also wish you could leave comments in GR rather than having to click to get into the actual blog page).

Misty said...

Christy - I check in a couple times a week and have you saved in my favorites.

Jaime and Will said...

You're on our favs and linked to our blog.

Tami said...

I'll de-lurk too. I found your blog through Amy Holck's blog. Amy and I met in college, and then lived together in Houston after college. I have a little girl a little younger than yours, so I enjoy seeing what I have to look forward to. :) I use Google Reader to keep up with blogs.

Shannon said...

I read your blog through Google Reader, too. I have precious little computer time these days so reading is usually all that I do.

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, you know i read!

you finally look pregnant! soooo cute! i'm excited for you.

chrys

Sundee said...

Google reader. : )

MacFadyen Clan said...

everybody's talking about it...it's the blog to read

Holly said...

Hi Christy,

I read your blog all the time! I think I got to it from Gladice and Justin's and I follow Jen & Rich and Melissa's too. It's so fun to follow along with what everyone is doing! I wish I knew more people that have one.