Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bathroom Remodel #1

Well, the day to tear out our master bath finally arrived. We have been talking about what to do with this bathroom for almost 5 years since we moved in. As I mentioned before, we had grander plans that exceeded our budget so we had to scale back a bit. Today was demo day so last night I took some before pictures and today I took the post-demo, pre-reconstruction photos.
The bathroom vanity before.
Close up of the lovely wall paper
Bathroom vanity, after removal of the vanity, fur downs and flooring.
View of shower and door to hall, before. View of shower and door to hall after removing paneling and carpet. Ick, carpet in bathrooms produces very gross subfloors. We are most excited about the removal of the carpet and hope it helps some allergy problems.
Toilet area, before
Toilet area, before

Toilet area after removal of paneling, cabinet and fur down.
Bathroom vanity view #2 before
Bathroom vanity view #2 after.
Dressing room before
Dressing room after
Tomorrow we will have the electrician come out to remove the lights in the dressing room and bathroom as well as install new lights in both rooms and a exhaust fan/light in the bathroom. He was supposed to come today but ended up at my parents house to fix an AC problem that he caused during their remodel. It is a good thing he was not here anyway because our bathroom could not have fit the electrician along with the 3 plumbers. I think that is all that will be happening tomorrow. Monday they will tape and bed and texture the walls. Tuesday they will put in the tile. That night Sam and I will paint and on Wednesday they will install the vanity and faucets. After that I am not sure the schedule. Amazingly, it could all be done by the end of next week.
It is quite interesting doing this with a toddler. Last night Sam took off two of the cabinet drawers to save and use to practice painting since we may paint other similar cabinets in the house. This morning she was quite concerned that they were missing and wanted daddy to fix it. When the workers arrived she wanted to watch them. Luckily it was a MDO day and she was not around because they were in and out of the house all day, it was loud and she would have been in the way. The interesting thing about a bathroom remodel with a 7 month pregnant lady will be midle of the night bathroom trips.
I don't plan to post updates every day and may even wait until it is done for the big reveal.

2 comments:

Hilde said...

Nikolas is also very concerned whenever something is dismantled or even moved, and says "Daddy fix it!" We had our bathroom done when I was pregnant - it tok six months (four more than they promised). It looks as if the progression is good on yours, though, fingers crossed!

Erin said...

I'm impressed that it will be finished so quickly! And I don't know if I could take it if you don't show progression pictures! Atleast post a few when you post the big reveal!!!