Mother's Day was a little last minute this year. We had planned to eat lunch with my parents after church but my dad was in the hospital after a surgery on Friday waiting for a test that could not be run until Monday. So, no lunch with Nana and Pops. We had a great day with the three of us though. After church we went to lunch at Corner Bakery. Katherine was a big fan of mommy's french toast or cake as she called it.
After church we spent a little time in the back yard. We did not get a good picture before church, at church or at Corner Bakery and Katherine was not really interested in taking a Mother's Day picture with her mommy once at home. She just wanted to play. Her new favorite toy is her bug catcher. She loves to catch "roly poly polies" to look at later. We even tried to catch a lizard but it was too fast and got away. She took a nap and I went up to hang with dad at the hospital so mom could go home for a little bit.
I met back up with Katherine and Sam for dinner at Bubba's - mmmmmm, I love Bubbas! Then we grabbed a cookie and ice cream from Pokey O's and headed to the playground. It was a fun evening with my family.
I love being a mom. Sure there are hard days, especially with a 2 year old. But, it is so rewarding and I love my little girl so much. I can't wait to welcome another little one before long. Being a mom also really makes me appreciate my own mom. I am so glad that we are close not only geographically but in our relationship as well. Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment