Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cool Thursdays

OK, there are many of you out there still lurking (Do I need to start mentioning names of those I know:). Make sure if you are reading this blog that you go to this post and leave a comment. I want to know who all is out there. Many of my faithful readers have not even left a comment yet and a few others sent me an email instead of commenting. No need to be shy guys.

Anyway, I digress . . . One thing I love about the Arboretum is their Cool Thursdays concert series in the summer, though at times summer in Texas is anything but cool. Madi, Andy and Ben invited us at the last minute to join them for the weekly concert. This week it was Motown. Honestly, I was not sure what all was included in that category but I recognized most of the songs and it was great fun.

We got there early enough to get a good location on the lawn, set up our picnic and eat before the music started. Last year it was a challenge with Katherine because she was a new walker who wanted to wander but would fall down the hill. This year she and Ben entertained all of those around us with their silly antics. Katherine was running all over the place with my camera and saying "Hi" to all the other kids. Ben was busy playing his own guitar. He is such the rock star. I love that the Arboretum is close and that with our membership tickets are cheap. Even with leaving at intermission (for the kids to get to bed) I felt it was worth it. We hope to go to several more concerts before Squeak arrives in July.

No comments: