Friday, May 9, 2008

That's funny mommy, that's funny

Katherine says this a lot. She things everything is funny or silly. Usually I think she is the one that is being funny. She does do the craziest things.
Today in the car she sat in the backseat talking to her feet. She was actually scolding her toes for getting out of the shoes. She said, "toes not stay out or spanking (then she spanked her feet). Obey Katherine". I think she understands the choice we give her of to obey or to be punished.
A few nights ago when we were in her room she decided to run around in a circle from her room, her bathroom, Squeak's room and the hall. She thought it was so funny and kept saying, "I running, I running fast!"

She loves to climb in our front yard tree. She is not quite big enough to really get up there because of they way the tree branches out but she has fun playing in it. In this photo she is silly because she is wearing her pajama tops with normal pants - she wore it all day long.


Katherine had a few days where she insisted on carrying a specific pile of stuff everywhere she went. She would circle her hands over the pile and say, "my stuff mommy". In this pile of stuff was her small blanket, little lamb, baby, her baby's patapum (carrier), baby's blanket, "dada" (doll), "dada's" blanket, her pillow and what she calls her napmat but is actually an waterproof pad that we have her sit on when she is on the couch in case she has an accident. As you can imagine, this is a lot of stuff to carry and she gets quite frustrated when she can't carry it all. If I offer, she says, "no mommy, my byself" - her version of "by myself".

The day before we ripped out the bathroom, Katherine sat at my vanity table and combed her hair. She kept saying, "I pretty, hair pretty, so pretty".

Today when we were in the car I wrote down her commentary on the workers. I was pretty amazed both at what she was comprehending and at how many thoughts she was stringing together in a way that I understood.
"Nana workers come Nana's house, and Katherine's house. Come everybody's house"
"Workers make mess. Workers cleaning now."
"My workers, mommy workers, nana workers"
"Where workers go?"
"Workers fix mommy bathroom"

3 comments:

Holly Ramsey said...

Is Katherine nursing a stuffed lamb?! :-) Look at the first picture of her carrying a bunch of stuff.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

That is funny. She has been known to nurse her stuffed animals but this time it was just a huge pile of stuff.

Jaime and Will said...

Great post, Christy. It's so good to see what Katherine's up to! She's so cute! -w