Friday, May 16, 2008

Aspiring photographer

Katherine is always interested in my camera. She tries to carry around my big digital SLR and that makes me so nervous. I do often allow her to carry around my small "diaper bag camera". She has figured out which button to push to turn it on and which button to push to take pictures. The problem is that the camera is pretty small and for her to hold it her fingers are usually over the lens.

This first set of pictures is from a play date with Jen and Evie at the mall playground.
Jen's legs, her head is covered by the finger.

A playmate at the play area, again, covered by the finger.
The second set of photos is from an evening at home with dad in the den. Note the beautiful wood paneling, artistic angles of the photos and again, the finger in the third picture. She did do much better with a few by having the entire photo fingerless.

The wall of our den

Dad's foot and knee along with toys

Daddy is using the remote.

The third set of photos was in the back yard. Most photos taken this day only showed the finger with no grass, slide, dogs, etc. These were the best two shots.

Mom's shoe on the grass.

This last photo is my favorite. It actually would be pretty good except that the entire photo was upside down.

I thought about getting Katherine her own camera for her birthday. Her cousin Ty has the Fisher Price Toddler Camera which takes actual digital pictures that can be downloaded and printed off though they are pretty low resolution. It is easier for her to hold but it was not cheap.

Her friend Penelope also likes to take photos and you can see them on her blog. I am pretty impressed with Penelope's ability to keep her fingers out of the picture. These toddlers love to imitate their parents don't they.

1 comment:

Holly Ramsey said...

This is funny! Some day I want you to post about how you manage all your pictures after you take them. You must have thousands. Do you print all of them? I feel like I have a million pictures waiting to be scrapbooked, etc, but it would pale in comparison to the volume you must have.