Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last Day of School

You would think that as a person that takes photos of everything their child does for the blog I would have thought to take photos of her first day of school. NOPE. It did not occur to me at all. I guess I was just so ready for a break after 14 weeks in Norway that it skipped my mind. That or the fact that I worked there last year and it is in the same classroom that she is in on Sunday so it did not seem like a big deal at the time.

So, I decided to commemorate the last day of school. Katherine went two days a week to the Mother's Day Out program at our church. It took her a little while to adjust but I think that was just going through separation anxiety all over again after our return to the states. By the end of the year she would run into her classroom and never look back.

Katherine loved her teachers Ms. Janna and Ms. Kristen. She talks about them at home. She is really excited because Ms. Kristen lives in our neighborhood and babysits every other week for our community group. These two ladies do a great job with the kids. I could not imagine being with 10-12 kids for 10 hours a week with only 2 adults. They love on the kids and the kids love them.

Knox, Court, Katherine, Abby, Andrew
Jack, Evan, Kaitlyn and Noah (Evie escaped in this photo)
This is Katherine's Monday class. About half of the kids also attend on Thursday along with about 5 other kids. It sometimes would confuse Katherine that Holden will be at school on Thursday and not Monday, whereas Evie is there on Monday and not on Thursday. Add that to the fact that she is also up there for church, community group, MOPS and special events and she never knew who she was going to get to play with.
Katherine started saying the names of her friends from school after just a few days there. Abby kept being mentioned. She is a cutie and apparently those two girls loved to play together. The teachers said they would climb into the rocking chair and read books. I am bummed that this photo is a tad out of focus but I was sneaking it fast before the moment passed,
Here is Katherine in her favorite place, reading books in the teacher's lap.

I am quite sad that school is over for the summer. There will be a few weeks before Katherine starts a summer program at a church near our house. With a new baby arriving mid-July I knew that I would need some breaks. Next fall we will be going to a MDO program closer to home as well. We had no complaints about the one at our church, we just decided that we wanted something closer. Also, there are weeks that Katherine is up at church 5 or 6 days and she gets a little tired of it. I really want her to enjoy church and one week she said she just wanted to stay home.


No comments: