Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tonight's bedtime prayer

Katherine did not take a nap today so she is in bed tonight at 7. Not asleep yet, but she is so tired. When it was time to pray, I asked if she wanted to pray or if she wanted mommy to pray. She wanted to pray. Here is what she said:

Dear Jesus
Dear God
Thank you for the day
Thank you for daddy
Thank you for robots
Thank you for mommy
Thank you for nose
Thank you for eyes
Thank you for mouth
Thank you for hair
Thank you for baby sister
Amen

I am not sure how I feel about the fact that I came after robots. Why does she mention robots? Daddy and Katherine love to watch robot videos on youtube.

I love the honest prayers of toddlers. What are some funny things your kids have said in a prayer?

3 comments:

The Murray Crew said...

I wish I had a robot to thank God for right now! Hahaha! =)

The video of the tooth brushing ritual made my husband and I laugh out loud!

Beth said...

Ava prayes to Jesus for pretty dresses and jump ropes. And on occasion she prays for the puppy next door. Tonight she prayed for no loud "funder" (thunder)and she also said boys are eww-wee.

So random, but always makes me smile.

Jaime and Will said...

Robots??We both LOLed!