
I am not talking about mine, but rather a couple who is due the same week as me. Apparently they were on the Today show this morning and will be on Oprah this afternoon (follow Oprah link to read story). I don't normally watch Oprah due to the fact that it is when Katherine is getting up from her nap and Oprah is going a little weird on me but I may have to at least record this one.
The summary is that there is a couple in Oregon that is pregnant but it is the man that is pregnant. He was born a female and lived that way until he was 24 when he began taking hormones and had surgery. He kept his internal female organs and that is how he was able to become pregnant. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around and I feel so sorry for the poor child who will be considered a freak from birth.
Comments anyone?!?!?
5 comments:
I purposely try not to watch Oprah. Oprah is great, but Oprah is not a Christian. To me this is just more promotion/publicity of her values and core belief system which we don't share and try not to subject our minds to her subtle messages.
Wouldn't it be nice to take turns bearing the children?
I actually saw this one today. I think that it was actually quite interesting, but it did take me awhile to get over the unconventional "man's" pregnancy.
Sure, it's a strange pregnancy, but I think it's a blessing when a child is brought up in a loving environment. Luckily. the "woman" of the relationship has two supportive daughters from a previous marriage...so it seems like the family is stable.
OH, and I was sad to hear of the "man's" ectopic pregnancy last year (of twins, I think they said?). This isn't their first try at parenthood, so it seems that the couple really wants a child...
Thanks for bringing this up!
I think the key point here is that it is not a MAN having a baby. It is a woman having a baby.
Chrys
I think it goes to show that even if you do stuff to cover up your gender, you're still that same gender! (and I see you've already seen the Oprah thing I just sent you)
Post a Comment