Katherine also had a few "firsts" today that barely missed being recorded in her monthly post. This morning when she woke up she did not make a noise, until she opened her bedroom door and walked into our bedroom to announce "Mommy, I awake". We had a talk about staying in bed until mom comes to get her. She also managed to drag one of our kitchen chairs to the sink so that she would reach something on the counter. We often will move one for her so that she can watch what we are doing but she did it herself, and pretty quickly. This means that pretty much anything on the counter is now within reach. She also told a bold faced lie. She has lied before, but it has not seemed quite as intentional as this time. She got to spend some time in "time out" for that.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
A little too late
Well, Janna and I took the kids to a park after nap to get some bluebonnet shots. Two people I know of took shots here last week. It appears though that bluebonnets are for the most part gone now. So, we have no photos with bluebonnets though we have some photos with wildflowers and we had a fun afternoon playing in the meadow and the creek. If anyone knows of a place where there are still bluebonnets, comment or email me ASAP.


I love how she runs with her entire body swaying side to side.
Playing in the creek. Katherine slipped a few times and got wet.
Buddies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are CUTE pictures! I really like the blue dress she wore. I was just noticing today that the bluebonnets were gone. Bummer.
It's hard to see our sweet kids tell a lie like that. But remember that being able to lie is actually a developmental skill. Being incapable of telling a lie can be an indication of something not quite right. We've been there. Of course, she needs to know that telling the truth is important and lying is not okay. But knowing that she CAN lie is a good thing.
We took bluebonnet pics a few weeks ago and they were very sparse even then. Not sure why there weren't very many this season.
Chrys
You might reconsider whether reinforcing the "stay in your room" concept is a good idea with another baby coming. It became problematic for us when Bree wakes up and I'm nursing and I can't really come attend to her very easily. It might work for you guys though if Sam is able to come get her, or if you're a really good multitasker while nursing - just think about it.
Post a Comment