Monday, April 14, 2008

Big Bed

The plan for the week was to get all of Katherine's stuff moved into her new room. Over the weekend we picked up a twin bed that we found on Craig's list. It is the same line as the rest of the furniture in the room that I bought when i was single. We had the full/queen bed in there but it was just too big for a little girls room. So, we will be listing our bed on Craig's list now that we have the twin. So, this weekend we cleared everything out of her new room, painted the closet (it had not been done in 37 years since the house was built) and steam cleaned the carpets. Today while Katherine was at MDO, I assembled the bed and put her things in the closet. I hate being pregnant sometimes because I did not do much yet my back is killing me from overdoing it. I am having to learn what my new limits are.


While Katherine was taking a bath, I put on the dust ruffle and Sam moved the mattress onto the bed. She was so excited that she announced that she was going to sleep in her big bed. That was not really a part of the plan for today. In fact, we were putting the bed in the room but really planning to keep her in her crib for as long as she wanted to be there. She has yet to try to climb out and she is sleeping really well right now. But we thought if she wanted to try it we would let her. She has tried to nap in her big bed a few times and always cried so long that she was put in her crib.

She was a little giddy with excitement. For awhile we were all three on the bed being silly. We got it all ready with bed rails, waterproof pad, sheets, pillows in the crack by the wall, etc. Then I crawled into bed with her to read. When it was time for lights out she was fine until I left the room when she started to cry a bit. We watched her on the monitor and she kept calling "Mommy". I had told her that if she needed anything she needed to say "Mommy" and I would come so I went in after a few minutes. She wanted me to lay down with her and she was asleep in only a minute or two. I fell asleep too I was so tired! I am pretty sure she will sleep through the night in her new bed. We will see what she does when she wakes up in the morning. Who knows if this will be a one time novelty or a permanent switch.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erin said...

That first pic is hilarious! She does look giddy with excitement! Good luck!

Rich and Jen said...

I love the giddy smile too! Exciting times!!

You got my vote on the Dumped contest. We'll see if I can get it together by Friday to qualify in your contest. :o)