
We decided that this year instead of visiting my brother where he lives, we would meet them somewhere fun. So, we are headed to Disneyland in LA. I made all of our reservations last week. Guidebooks suggest that you start planning your Disney vacation at least 6 months in advance. We are headed there much sooner than that.
I made the mistake of telling Katherine that we were going on a trip with Sophia. I even told her that we were going to Disneyland, where the princesses live. Now she things we are going NOW. Last night she said she wanted to take a bath after she went to Disneyland. She started a pile of toys and books that she wanted to take with her.
So, we made a little countdown activity. We made a chain where each link represents one day. So, every morning we will remove a link until the final link is the day we get on the plane. Hopefully this will help her to visualize how long it is until we leave on our trip.
4 comments:
i just read an article yesterday in the april '09 issue of parenting titled "doing disney right". it had a lot of great suggestions...especially for families with young children. you can probably look it up on parenting.com, but if not...let me know and i will get you a copy.
Did you see my blog post about Tour Guide Mike? He rocks the house.
http://beentheredonethatandthensome.blogspot.com/2008/07/dont-leave-home-without-him.html
Laurie, I did see that but it appears he is only in Florida and we are going to California. I will look at the site again to double check. We are going at an empty time according to the dining reservations cast member.
whoops, you are right. Didn't catch that little detail. I googled it and didn't see anything. I wonder if the parks are similar enough to take advantage of some of his routes, etc? I also checked out a TON of books from the library. Passporter has a great book as well as a site...http://www.passporter.com/dl/
Post a Comment