I could not believe that her picture was so recognizable. This was the first time she had really drawn anything that you can tell what it is without me directing her step by step. On the left you have Aunt Jaime, The scribbles on her head are her long hair. She has a big round belly because she has a baby in her tummy. You can even see 2 dots that are the baby's eyes. Sophia is the middle head with 2 sticks that are her legs. Uncle Will is the big one who has a mad look. He has 2 long lines with dots in between them. I asked what they were and she said those are Uncle Will's bones. We read a book last night that showed all of the bones. The small lines that are coming out of everyone's necks are arms.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
mini-Picasso
Katherine really enjoys art projects. We really need to spend more time doing them.Monday night we went to Daddy's office for dinner because he had to work late. They have a huge dry erase board leaning against the wall so after dinner we let Katherine draw.
We started off where Daddy would draw something and she would copy it. They did this step by step and ended up drawing a person. You can see in the photo above Katherine's person is on the left next to daddy's. She decided she liked drawing people and turned mommy's sun into a person.
Then on her own she drew a snowman.
The next morning Katherine wanted to draw a picture for Sophia since we are going to see her soon. I told her to draw a picture of Katherine and Sophia at Disneyland. I left the room and when I came back, this is what I saw.

I could not believe that her picture was so recognizable. This was the first time she had really drawn anything that you can tell what it is without me directing her step by step. On the left you have Aunt Jaime, The scribbles on her head are her long hair. She has a big round belly because she has a baby in her tummy. You can even see 2 dots that are the baby's eyes. Sophia is the middle head with 2 sticks that are her legs. Uncle Will is the big one who has a mad look. He has 2 long lines with dots in between them. I asked what they were and she said those are Uncle Will's bones. We read a book last night that showed all of the bones. The small lines that are coming out of everyone's necks are arms.
I could not believe that her picture was so recognizable. This was the first time she had really drawn anything that you can tell what it is without me directing her step by step. On the left you have Aunt Jaime, The scribbles on her head are her long hair. She has a big round belly because she has a baby in her tummy. You can even see 2 dots that are the baby's eyes. Sophia is the middle head with 2 sticks that are her legs. Uncle Will is the big one who has a mad look. He has 2 long lines with dots in between them. I asked what they were and she said those are Uncle Will's bones. We read a book last night that showed all of the bones. The small lines that are coming out of everyone's necks are arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, she is really good. great job, katherine!
Post a Comment