Monday, March 23, 2009

Arbo field trip

This past week was Spring Break from MDO. I have been wanting to get to know the kids and families of Katherine's classmates so I organized a "field trip" to the Arboretum. Unfortunately only 2 other families could join us but we had fun. Hopefully we will have another occasion to get to know more of the kids. Tulips are my favorite flower so I was excited that they were in full bloom. This is a great time to go to the Arboretum because the flowers are beautiful.
Katherine's best friend Cole joined us. Apparently they are joined at the hip at school. She talks about him all the time. As you can see they enjoy one another. They walk around holding hands all the time.
The Arboretum has storybook playhouses that are fun to plan on. I don't remember what story this was but it looked like a boat on the water.
Katherine was not cooperative for pictures at all. I gave up and decided to just enjoy the flowers and the company without trying to get cute photos of cute kids.
Kyle joined us as well. I am friends with his mom so I already knew his family. All three are playing on another playhouse.
I liked the one from Dr. Seuss' One Fish Two Fish.
Caroline joined us. She took a long nap and of course was a very happy baby.

No comments: