Tuesday, March 3, 2009

aaah sleep

Yesterday Katherine took a nap from 3:30-7:15. Today she from 2:30-6:00. That is a 3 hour 45 minute nap and a 3 hour 30 minute nap. That of course pushes her bedtime back a little but she is still waking up at 7 am. So I am curious if anyone else has experienced spells of really long naps. Could it be tied into a developmental phase? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the peace and quiet but it is a little odd.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I think yes a dev stage, but also, in my experience, needing more sleep at night. I think between 2.5 and 5 their sleep is constantly being adjusted. It is just a matter of when YOU want her to sleep the most.

Beth said...

Ava takes her nap from 1-3, but she has been known to sleep til about 6. She likes her sleep!

Regina said...

Funny that you mention that because Elizabeth has been sleeping more at night and at naptime. I was thinking it was developmental b/c nothing else is really out of the ordinary.

Rich and Jen said...

Yes, I've heard it can be developmental.