We decided that tonight was the night for our annual "pajama ride" where we all get ready for bed and then hop in the car to go look at Christmas lights. Katherine was excited to see "kissmas yites".
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Tutu trouble
The other night Katherine was in a really fun mood. She was being very imaginative, pretending to serve us picnics, pretending to put me down for a nap and pretending to be a dancer. She put on her tutu and danced all over the house. She had a ball and it was so cute.
We decided that tonight was the night for our annual "pajama ride" where we all get ready for bed and then hop in the car to go look at Christmas lights. Katherine was excited to see "kissmas yites".
We started off by heading to a house I saw on Sundee's blog last year. It was definitely decorated in a Clark Griswold "Christmas Vacation" fashion.
The sign even says that "It's not finished yet" so we will have to go back. I would love to go and take more photos another evening. Sure enough there were boxes and tools all over the yard as though they were still working on the house.
When we got back, I put Katherine to bed while Sam was taking care of Caroline. When I went back into the den, there was a mangled pile of tulle spread all over the den floor and the beloved tutu was missing a lot of its fluff. It is pretty pathetic looking. Almost every piece has been ripped. The culprit - Hooligan. I think I remember Katherine wearing it at breakfast one day and dropping her bagel on it. I wiped all the cream cheese off but I am sure it still had a smell to make a puppy go crazy.
Katherine loves her tutu. I have pink and brown tulle so I could fix it tonight but it would be different adding pink. I could buy more blue and fix it later. Or I can not fix it and try to make it a learning experience. I am not sure how well she would learn the lesson of don't eat in your tutu because a few days later Hooligan might eat it.
I decided to make a new pink and brown tutu. Somehow the way I made it stretched out the elastic and it was too big. When I gave it to her I just told her that I made a new tutu with pink since that was her favorite color. Then I told her the reason I made a new tutu is that Hooligan ate her old one because she left it on the floor after spilling cream cheese on it. She wanted to see it. I was scared she would throw a fit but she did not. She said she wanted her old one. I asked her if I should fix it and she said yes. So, I added pink to her old tutu and it turned out OK. Here she is wearing it with her red Christmas shirt. She has been very protective of it so that Hooligan does not eat it so I guess a good lesson has been learned.
We decided that tonight was the night for our annual "pajama ride" where we all get ready for bed and then hop in the car to go look at Christmas lights. Katherine was excited to see "kissmas yites".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Gangsta Ballet"!?!? I love it!
Post a Comment