Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Snow

Texas weather is so crazy. Sunday I had friends running a marathon in shorts with temperatures close to 70 degrees. Then Monday night the temperature dropped and there were "winter conditions". In fact the news actually mentioned the intersection on the highway closest to our house as one of the worst spots in town for the 5 o'clock commute. This morning I was sad to see that we had no snow. Katherine has been talking about snow a lot lately. Then Sam called to tell me that just a mile away the yards were covered in snow. Just 15 minutes away at my parents house - no snow. It appeared that in our part of town at least, there was a very isolated snow storm. So, when I picked Katherine up from school I had her snowsuit and winter clothes and we went to a park to play in the snow for a bit. I also bundled up Caroline but she remained in the car for most of the time (I was only about 15 feet away and the car has an auto start so the heater was on).Of course I had to get Caroline out to take a photo in the snow. It could be the only snow of the year.

Katherine had a lot of fun. It was only about 1/4-1/2 inch of snow but it looked really pretty. She just walked around and touched it.





I tried to make a few snowballs but it was not sticking well.

The Dallas Winter Wonderland

2 comments:

JB and Cindy said...

These are great pics! Glad she had fun when ya'll were supposed to be hanging w/ me ;(. So cute!

Jaime and Will said...

Ya'll need to come visit the Sierra to see LOTS of snow! They're getting 2 feet of it today. Come on out!