Sunday, December 28, 2008

Caroline's First Christmas

This was Caroline's first Christmas. She is 5 months old. We spent Christmas Eve at Nana and Pops' house.
It was really hard to Christmas shop for a second child because she needs NOTHING. She can wear her big sister's clothes and she is just now starting to notice toys and plays with all of Katherine's old toys. The first part of the present opening festivities Caroline spent under the cover nursing. Here she is "opening a gift" which was some cute shirts from Will and Jaime.
After waking up she enjoyed the concept of the presents, especially playing with the bows and wrapping paper.
She was a very happy girl all evening long. All three girls were given princess slippers from Nana. I don't know what it is about babies. No matter how tight or how loose socks or shoes are they are always kicked off. Nana got Caroline a silver cup with her monogram on it. Katherine has one just like it. I have one from each of my great grandmothers. I love sentimental keepsakes like this.
The second half of the evening was spent in daddy's lap. Here she received a lullaby glow worm.
She enjoyed snuggling with it while in her bumbo seat.
Christmas morning we opened stockings and Santa gifts. Poor Caroline was one of the last ones to open her stockings because others had to do it for her.
She got a new headband bow, a rattle, blocks, teethers and a book.

For Christmas lunch Caroline watched from the swing. The table was full and we did not have a high chair.
Caroline is such a cutie and was decked out in Christmas outfits every day. She had a fun time though she had no clue what was going on. Next year she will be at a really fun age for Christmas.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I just noticed how long your hair has gotten, Christy. It's longer than mine now, I think. It looks beautiful!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Thanks for the compliment on the hair, It is driving me crazy. It is pretty when it is down but I have it in a ponytail 95% of the time. I need to get it cut but I want it shorter and Sam wants it long so I keep putting it off. Thanks for the compliment.