Today when I was driving Katherine home she said, "mommy, my finger is stuck, let's cut my hair."
silent gasp
Getting her finger stuck is not new. She likes to twirl her hair in her finger. She says she is curling it. Occasionally she twirls so tightly that her finger gets stuck. I have actually had to pull the car over to help her get her finger loose. She will occasionally have knots from where she got her finger loose but did not untwirl first.
So, we kept talking and she keeps talking about cutting her hair. I am getting nervous. It seems I have had a few friends lately whose kids have cut their own hair. I have been very careful to not ever mention the fact that we cut hair. She has no idea that dad goes to get a hair cut ever month or so or that mom gets her hair cut once a year whether or not she needs it :)
I found out how she learned about cutting hair. . . She told me that daddy cut a knot out of her hair. The topic came up again in the car tonight when all three of us were in the car. She started in "Daddy, I need to cut the knot out of my hair. Remember, like yesterday?" He had a guilty look on his face. I have not gotten the full story yet but I am hiding all of my scissors.
3 comments:
Hmmm....that seems to be more than one daddy's way to get knots out of hair.
I can tell you the daddy in this house will NEVER do that again.
:)
When Caitlin was 4, her hair was to her waist-a little past it...One night she sat under the art table in her playroom and cut off ALL HER HAIR...she grabbed it BY HER EARS in handfulls and cut all the way around her head..and she didn't have bangs at the time, it was all one length and in the front she cut it as close as she could, right up against her scalp...the only thing left was a long "Tail" in the back, like from the 80's, where she couldn't reach...NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS would I have thought she would have done that! So you putting up all the scissors is a wise idea...
I cried for 2 days straight...didn't eat, didn't sleep...it was bad....at least she did it to herself...I had one lady tell me that her daughter was in kindergarten and her hair was in a single pony tail (Her hair was also to her waist) and the boy behind her grabbed the pony tail and cut it off!!! I could not even imagine!!! It is one thing to do it to yourself, but if someone else cut off all my child's hair.... I don't think I would handle that well! Hopefully, you are one step ahead of Miss Katherine and you will avoid what I had to go through....
OH I laughed out loud. Such a Dad's way to solve the problem. Priceless, priceless.
Post a Comment