My goal for this weekend was to decorate for Christmas. I love Christmas and am a sappy traditions person so I had images in my mind of this perfect event with the family "trimming the tree".
Saturday we planned to put up the tree while Katherine was napping so we could decorate it as a family when she woke up. We cued up the music, bought the egg nog and prepared. My parents were coming over for a late Thanksgiving weekend meal. We had a shrimp, chicken, artichoke casserole. We see them all the time and therefore decided not to do turkey.
Sam was not feeling well so after they left he went to bed and we did not decorate the tree. So, day 1, we get the decorations out of the attic and put up the tree.
Today we again had the goal of decorating the tree. After church we gave it another try. Sam was even more sick so he laid on the couch watching and taking pictures. Caroline watched from her swing. Katherine and I decorated.

She loved the "necklaces" that went on the tree. Her string was all clumped up on the bottom.

Katherine really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree. As we would unpack them I took the really special or breakable ones and put them up high and she put the other ones down low. There are a few places where there are groups of ornaments really close together.


She was so careful with the ornaments. Some had string and some had hooks. She had to really concentrate to hang some of them and some frustrated her. She actually said that one of them made her angry. It was pretty funny.


We only got up about half of the ornaments before she got bored. I was able to get her to hold Caroline for a photo. While she napped I completed the tree.

While she was asleep I also planned to set up our Jesse Tree. I will post much more on it later as we get into the devotions. When I opened the box of our new smaller tree I found that I had accidentally bought a neon green tinsel tree. It was quite hideous. In my defense, I did not actually pick it out. I was at Michael's and Caroline's car seat would not fit in the shopping cart so I had to take in my stroller. I could not push the stroller, carry my basket and carry a tree so I asked the checker to get me a 4 foot tree. I did not realize that some were neon tinsel or I would have been more specific. The good thing was that when I went to return it today the one I wanted had gone on sale so I got a refund.
Our first Jesse Tree night was not as perfect as I had envisioned either. Katherine wanted to read the Bible therefore I was not able to read our story and devotion. I am sure it will get better. It was new tonight.
1 comment:
After seeing your blog I decided to make Jesse tree ornaments & do the devotionals. We also, could not read from our regular bible. Elizabeth wanted to read so I got her children's bible and we took turns. It was much shorter and therefore successful. I'm going to set up the video camera tomorrow night b/c her reading was great!! Very entertaining.
Post a Comment