Thursday, November 27, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving.

At our house right now we are obsessed with all things "ABC". So, when I saw Christy and Christie's ABC Thanksgiving posts, I knew I had to make it a "Christy" triple play and copy their idea. So, here is a list of things I am thankful for this year. Some are serious, some are funny. I tried to go with the first thing that came to mind.

A - airplanes - I am thankful that they make it so much easier to visit friends and family far away.
B - Books - I love to read and am thankful that I can read. I love that Katherine is also obsessed with books.
C - Caroline - My sweet, precious baby girl. We can't imagine life without her.
D - Dr. Pepper - Anyone who knows me knows that I am addicted. It is my "vice".
E - Emily and all of our cousins. They are precious and love to play together.
F - Family - I am so thankful that I have not only a great relationship with my family but also with my in-laws. Not everyone is so fortunate.
G - Grandparents - My girls are blessed with the best grandparents. One set is close and one is a few hours away. They love them both.
H - Hooligan - Our poor dog has been moved down a few notches with the arrival of kids but we love her.
I - Ice Cream - I am a plain vanilla girl and especially like it in milkshake form.
J - Jen, Janna and my other good girl friends (whose names don't start with "J")
K - Katherine - such a fun toddler whom we love and enjoy so much.
L - Life eternal, such a gift from God.
M - Mom - I am blessed with a wonderful relationship with my mom. We talk daily and see each other multiple times a week.
N - Northwest - We are lucky to have a wonderful church home, a place to worship, serve and fellowship
O - Opportunity - I feel lucky to live in a place where I have the opportunity and freedom to do so many things.
P - Playgroup - It started as moms needing support with new babies and has evolved into best friends for both me and my children. I am so thankful for these people.
Q - Quiet - I don't get a lot of quiet with a baby and a toddler so when I have moments of quiet, I really love it.
R - Running - I don't run a lot but I can. I am thankful for my health and physical abilities.
S - Saturday and Sunday - I live for the weekends when we have family time and I have help with the kids.
T - Tortillas and Mexican food - yummy, my favorite.
U - Unconditional love - from God, from family, from friends. I am blessed.
V - Vacation - One of my favorite things in the world is to travel. I love a vacation for it's time away from home, time with family and friends and time to learn about new places and experience new things.
W - Will - my brother is a great friend. I am thankful for our relationship.
X - extra sleep - I am thankful that Caroline is a baby who sleeps and therefore I am a mommy who sleeps. It makes for a much happier home.
Y - Yogurt - Katherine does not like milk so I am glad she will eat and drink yogurt
Z - Zoo - What a fun activity with the kids.

1 comment:

Jaime and Will said...

that was a cool idea! Some made me laugh. Tortillas? Why not Toaster Ovens?