Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas comes early

So, guess what we did tonight? We went to go see Santa. It is not even Thanksgiving yet and we already made our Christmas trip to the mall. The main reason was that I had a great coupon that expires next week. It is for $10 off a $32 package. The package includes a flash drive with your photo as well as a $25 credit to be used at Shutterfly. So, basically they paid me $3 to come see Santa. If you are local and interested, I can forward you the email.
Anyway, our goal was to get a good picture of the four of us, possibly for use on our Christmas card. We have not had great success with Santa pictures in the past so I did not have high expectations.
I decided to prep Katherine in the car for what would happen, Here is how our conversation went.
Me: Katherine we are going to see Santa tonight.
K: Yea! And snow too?
Me: Well, pretend snow.
K: Yea!
Me: You will get to go sit on his lap. He will ask you your name. What will you say?
K: (very softly) Kafrine
Me: He will ask you if you have been good or bad this year. Well, what have you been?
K: (again, very softly) good
Me: Then he will say, "Katherine you look so pretty today. Can you tell me what you want Santa to bring you for Christmas this year." Katherine, what will you tell Santa you want?
K: A bunny for my garden.
Me: (surprised) Oh my, that sounds fun.
K: Mommy, what do you want Santa to bring you?
Me: (I think, what do I want and what would she understand?) A new sweater.
K: Mommy, that's silly. You already have one.
Me: What do you think Daddy wants Santa to bring?
K: Boots
Me: What about Caroline?
K: Books

So, there you have our Christmas list.
We got there and we were the only people there. I changed the girls into their matching red velvet dresses. Santa could tell that Katherine was going to be shy and difficult so he went with us into the snow globes to try to warm her up. She had a lot of fun with that. I think that usually the snow globes are just where the line winds around but since we were the only ones there we were able to play and take more photos.
Katherine did warm up to Santa and had fun playing with the snow with him inside the snow globe. He held Caroline who could not have been happier. But, when it was time for the family portrait, Katherine would not sit on his lap. So, she is on Sam's lap. She also would not smile. But, we did get a picture of the four of us, all looking at the camera, with Santa. I am not posting it yet in case we do use it on our Christmas card. On the way home she said she had fun. She also said, "mommy, we forgot something. I did not tell Santa about the bunny."

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cute! Send me the email and we will take advantage also!

Laura said...

What mall is that? I guess forward me the email.