Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

This is really the first Halloween that Katherine had a clue what was going on. We have been out of town the two previous years, first for a funeral and then while living in Norway.

We started by Trick or Treating at a few neighbors houses. We went at 5pm so most were not home but our next door neighbors were really glad we came by. Katherine loves Ms. Betty and was glad I finally allowed her to ring her doorbell. Then we met dad, Nana and Pops up at the church for the annual fall fun fest. This started when I was in junior high so I have a lot of fun memories.
There was a petting zoo where Katherine got to touch a Kangaroo. That was pretty exciting.

We tried to get a good family shot. As you can see, Katherine was a bumble bee and Caroline wore her clown costume.

Our good friends Madi and Andi went as a pirate and his treasure. Their son Ben was a rock star.
Jen and Evie, Carrie and Mason. This was a few moments before they shared a kiss.
There were a bunch of games for the kids. Katherine is quite timid. She tended to sit back and watch. Sam or I would pretty much have to do the game for her. She liked "go fish" once she realized that candy was the prize.
Digging for candy.
Bowling
Katherine surprised us because she dove right in to the tunnel. I followed her. There were glow sticks hanging so it was not pitch dark. We were in there toward the end of the evening so some of the tunnel had fallen in and there were a few dead ends. You can see that Katherine did not crawl out the proper exit.
There was a silly band. Katherine and her friends really enjoyed singing and dancing. I love these pictures with her friends because you can see Katherine's true happy smile and expressions which are not easy to capture on film.


Our final activity was the inflatable slide. Katherine would only go with Sam but she really enjoyed it.
Katherine came home with a pretty good amount of candy, most of which is not very toddler friendly. Being young, she has already forgotten about it though mom and dad have not. She did enjoy her first wowwypop (lollipop).On Thursday Katherine's school took photos in their costumes. I dressed Caroline hoping to get a photo of the bumble bee and the flower together. Katherine absolutely would not cooperate and they got nothing. Later in the day they got a horrible photo of her not even in her costume. BUT - they got this great photo of Caroline in her flower costume. She cried every other time she wore it because the top part was actually supposed to go up over her head and she hated it. I am glad we have such a cute picture.

1 comment:

Jaime and Will said...

Great post! (pic heavy) I like K's expressions, and C's flower pic. So cute! -W